Insert Holders

FirstEliminator

Registered
Registered
Hey guys,

After watching one of Adam's (Abom79) videos on youtube, I was looking through e-bay and ended up buying some WNMG-433 inserts. Then I realized I needed to find a holder. I found a Sandvic holder that has the same letter designation of WNMG, yet it comes with a 432 insert. My searching around I found a nice chart that defines the letter and number designations of the inserts. http://www.eng.uah.edu/~stevec/Cutting Tool Nomenclature.htm

Yet, I don't know if the holders are that specific to where one that fits a 432 won't fit a 433. My other thought is if the holder is designed to retain triangular inserts, then any cutting edge radius should fit.....right?

thanks,

Mark

I do not know a lot about what inserts will fit in what holder. I do know that the different holders often have small but important differences, such as the angle or having a chip breaker. While many holders will mount a variety of inserts, there may be more to them than just fitting. Most of my tool holders seem to have a label listing just 1 or 2 inserts. If the radius is the only variable between two inserts then they will likely fit. You may need to post in the "general" section to get a better response.

John

Hey guys,

After watching one of Adam's (Abom79) videos on youtube, I was looking through e-bay and ended up buying some WNMG-433 inserts. Then I realized I needed to find a holder. I found a Sandvic holder that has the same letter designation of WNMG, yet it comes with a 432 insert. My searching around I found a nice chart that defines the letter and number designations of the inserts. http://www.eng.uah.edu/~stevec/Cutting Tool Nomenclature.htm

Yet, I don't know if the holders are that specific to where one that fits a 432 won't fit a 433. My other thought is if the holder is designed to retain triangular inserts, then any cutting edge radius should fit.....right?

thanks,

Mark

if the holder is designed to retain triangular inserts, then any cutting edge radius should fit.....right?

thanks,

Mark

Yes, the only thing that matters is the insert geometry (shape) & IC (inscribed circle).

Back