Inherited Lathe Need Help

DocDivinity

Registered
Registered
Last month my father died leaving me with a garage full of tools. Most I can deal with, but the Maximat V10 lathe with mill head I don't have a clue what any parts or all of it together is worth or where to sell it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.20160319_112631.jpg 20160319_112639.jpg

Last month my father died leaving me with a garage full of tools. Most I can deal with, but the Maximat V10 lathe with mill head I don't have a clue what any parts or all of it together is worth or where to sell it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

THE MAXIMATs ARE GREAT LATHES AND DO HAVE A FOLLOWING
THE MILL ATTACHMENT IS THE SUPER 11 SIX SPEED VERSION !
THE FACTORY CABINET IS A NICE EXTRA TOO .

IF IT's 120v SINGLE PHASE AND WORKS , YOU SHOULD HAVE NO TROUBLE SELLING IT
BUT I WOULD CLEAN IT UP AND START MAKING PARTS .

Check craigslist and eBay for guidance. UCDavis had that same machine for sale recently for $2900, no takers. It's gone now so somebody made an offer, how much lower I don't know. At the other end, seems like I saw one in the Bay Area within the last year for $1000. If that's all the tooling and accessories, I'd price it toward the lower end and see what happens.

Sorry for your loss.

It also depends on how quickly you need it gone? I would say what's there is worth about $1,500-$2,000 If you throw in more tooling it would make it more attractive.

DocDivinity,
I'm very sorry for your loss.
I have been interested in a Maximat plus mill for many years. Unfortunately I'm quite a distance from you (in Montana) but I think we can figure that out. You can sell it here; a small portion of the proceeds would benefit the site, which is a good thing.
Please let me know if you are interested. I don't know what a fair price would be, but those mentioned by others above are okay.

Edit: I see them with much higher "buy it now" prices on eBay. I would think you would want to get the most for it. If you can get those prices you should.

Steve Shannon

Last edited:
The one at UCD went for $1650. A buddy of mine was trying to buy it for his Dad. I guess the people at UCD were difficult to deal with, poor communication and decision making. He did put the original Maximat rotary table that he found in another room with the Maximat and it was sold with it as part of the $1650. They did buy the Millrite mill that was also for sale at UCD. They would not include the Burke branded rotary table and other original Burke tooling as part of the deal. They are still trying to buy them so they do not get separated from the mill.

How much did the Burke go for? Not to hijack"

Back