info on the busy bee lathe

keltg

Active User
Registered
Hello,

I am going to be buying a lathe in the spring and have been looking at what seems like a million different machines. Makes a final decision tough. So far i have it narrowed down to the Busy Bee CT089 13" with 24" between centers. I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this machine. I am a Gunsmith and one of the reasons i choose this machine is because of the 1 1/2" Spindle Bore. Second reason is I am limited for space, and a much larger machine would take up too much of my already limited floor area.

Thanks
Keltg

I have 6 mo. experience with a new CT043N lathe. If you have any questions I would be glad to share what I know.
Mike

I have 6 mo. experience with a new CT043N lathe. If you have any questions I would be glad to share what I know.
Mike
i will be a completely green user of a metal lathe when i get mine. i have so many questions not even sure where to begin just yet. my finances have turned around recently and will be looking to order my lathe within the next week or so. I am going to be using the lathe primarily for gunsmith purpose once i get a more familiar with the machine. i have been manufacturing parts for firearms by hand with hacksaw, dremel tool, and files a lot of the time as ordering just a small part and paying for shipping just doesn't make much sense. Your lathe is quite a bit larger than the one i am looking at but the basics should all be the same. Once i get going and back myself into a corner i will definitely take you up on the offer.

Kel

Good time to buy, as they are on sale for 1880 vs 2599.
Pierre

i saw that , but am thinking the shipping might be ridiculously high to make up for the sale price.

Kel,

Busy Bee quoted me a very reasonable shipping from their closest store to my driveway. If not already done, ask BB for a quote on shipping. You might be surprised. The current sale price looks hard to beat.

Kel,

Busy Bee quoted me a very reasonable shipping from their closest store to my driveway. If not already done, ask BB for a quote on shipping. You might be surprised. The current sale price looks hard to beat.
Thank you for the info i will order over the phone and get a quote on shipping from their closest store. Because i am in Manitoba i am not sure what store would be closest. i will look into that as well. thanks again.

Back