Info needed on Clausing 111

Rich,

You're welcome. I should warn you that you might get sticker shock at the price of a lead screw or some other major non-generic part. A new lead screw for an early Atlas was recently reported as being $600. Unfortunately, such items would probably cost in the same ballpark for any current machine. However, I've found their prices on more mundane parts like half nuts and drive system shafts and bearings to be generally less than you will typically find them for on eBay, or commercially available parts generally about the same as you would pay McMaster, etc. But they would be the place to start. At least you'll have a baseline to judge other sources against. :)

Robert D.

Robert,
Thanks for the warning.
I certainly hope that a cross-slide screw will be cheaper than 600$, otherwise I will keep on trolling the Ebay.
Thanks again.
Rich

Well, report what you learn. You might also check on and report any issues with getting Clausing to ship OUTCONUS.

Robert D.

Hi Robert,
I will get in touch with them on Thursday (time constraints) and then post it to the World.
Rich

Hallo again,
Just talked to Clausing. It would cost 274$ plus shipping for the cross-slide screw.
I can have on machined for half the price.
Needless to say I did not buy it.
I'll keep you posted about further development.
Rich

OK. That's a little higher than I expected, but then I've never seen anyone post 111 part prices, either.

Robert D.

Back