Inexpensive 3 axis DRO

Interesting tip, Darkzero. If mine get fidgity, it would be easy to add isolation mounts and use nylon mounting screws.

Tom

Interesting tip, Darkzero. If mine get fidgity, it would be easy to add isolation mounts and use nylon mounting screws.

Tom

To add, in case someone wants to try it, the purpose of the sheets are to insulate the scale & read head electrically from the machine.

To add, in case someone wants to try it, the purpose of the sheets are to insulate the scale & read head electrically from the machine.

Power on machine testing reveals no issues yet. The displays track accurately, and return to center zero position very reliably. Zero positions recall correctly when I shut everything off and then restart. If a problem shows up in the future, I have some thin plastic material I can place under the end mounts and sensor mounts, and then secure the mounts with nylon screws in place of the steel screws. That should provide electrical isolation. The only other possible fault condition I can think of is the introduction of static electricity. We'll see.

Tom

Power on machine testing reveals no issues yet. The displays track accurately, and return to center zero position very reliably. Zero positions recall correctly when I shut everything off and then restart. If a problem shows up in the future, I have some thin plastic material I can place under the end mounts and sensor mounts, and then secure the mounts with nylon screws in place of the steel screws. That should provide electrical isolation. The only other possible fault condition I can think of is the introduction of static electricity. We'll see.

Tom

Good to hear. Nice setup & install BTW.

I'll install my quill DRO scale without he insulating sheets first. I'm thinking I won't run into an issue. This is the first time I am using a scale like this on a machine & I've never heard of issues related to this before. If I do have an issue & the insulation cures it I'll report back here.

I bought my scales from grizzley, same as rebush friend and my y jumps .200 randomly. There is a google fix for it but i forgot where.

lanham

After a move to the country and several other "life" events, I'm finally getting the shop set up in the new place. Today I added the Z iGaging DRO and made the panel to hold the readouts. I see I had Y in mm. Oh ya, and I installed the airspring to replace the clunky torsion contraption.

Tom

DRO3.jpgDRO2.jpgDRO1.jpg

DRO3.jpg DRO2.jpg DRO1.jpg

Have you run into any problems with the X axis reader unit getting "pinched" against the center column when running the Y axis back all the way. I've seen that mentioned as a concern when mounting the X axis centered behind the table (which I think is the tidiest way of doing it). At the moment I'm intending to mount mine shifted about 3" to the left of center so that it misses the center column entirely. But if there ain't no need...

I bought my scales from grizzley, same as rebush friend and my y jumps .200 randomly. There is a google fix for it but i forgot where.

lanham

I had one doing that I re-grounded the machine at a couple different locations and the problem went away. Ray

I see several installs that place the x reader in the center of the table, nobody has crushed theirs against the center column?

Back