In the Beginning there were Wrenches

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
And the wrenches needed a place to rest. And the old man had a vision. And the vision was good. And the Wrenches Rested.

Attachments

• IMG_1812.JPG
    IMG_1812.JPG
    671.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    433.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1810.JPG
    IMG_1810.JPG
    638.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1811.JPG
    IMG_1811.JPG
    732.6 KB · Views: 38
That looks nice but I have some questions
Can you just pull a wrench straight down to get it out?
If so, does the one next to it come out too?
Do you have to slide them to the end to get them out?
If that is the case, with my luck the one I need would always be in the middle...

That looks nice but I have some questions
Can you just pull a wrench straight down to get it out?
If so, does the one next to it come out too?
Do you have to slide them to the end to get them out?
If that is the case, with my luck the one I need would always be in the middle...
As the pictures show I have not yet mounted them. As of now my plan is to anchor them in the middle so that half of the wrenches can be removed from one end and the other half removed from the other end. The plan is to have 4 racks. 2 for Metric and 2 for Sae. Small ones in one rack and bigger ones in the other rack. This will make it easier to retrieve the one needed. As you can see the larger one only has 4 wrenches in it. With the anchor in the middle the most one would need to retrieve is 2 to get the size needed. And yes you can pull them straight down but that makes the thinner ones too easy to fall through. Exactly the reason for anchoring in the center. The center anchor allows me to squeeze the rack from the middle for adjustment. I step milled the ones for the smaller wrenches so it will not be too wide for the thinner ones. I guess you could say my vision is still in progress. Thanks for looking and also thanks very much for asking the questions.

I have seen you use that material on a couple projects now. It must be some left-over scrap from something else.
Great re-use of materials!

Also, very interesting design. I haven't seen anything like it before.
Good to keep our old minds busy with new stuff.
Thanks for sharing!

Brian

I have seen you use that material on a couple projects now. It must be some left-over scrap from something else.
Great re-use of materials!

Also, very interesting design. I haven't seen anything like it before.
Good to keep our old minds busy with new stuff.
Thanks for sharing!

Brian
Yes, you are correct. I have several pieces of it. My daughter moved to California and anything she had made of metal she brought to me because she knows how I love to repurpose it. it is some kind of porch swing made of round tubing and the rectangular tubing. thanks for your kind comments. I ordered some neodymium magnets to put on the backs of them because I cannot make up my mind where I want to mount them. Portability is also another one of my loves. As I have gotten older, I have realized that in my case portable is the best plan.

This will wrap it up for the Metric Version of this idea. I will of course make some more for the SAE wrenches. I glued some magnets to the back of these so they would be portable. I first thought about using some nut certs into the side of the box to mount them, but I like portable better. thanks for stopping by my post.

Attachments

• IMG_1844.JPG
    IMG_1844.JPG
    432.6 KB · Views: 4
Portability is also another one of my loves. As I have gotten older, I have realized that in my case portable is the best plan.

Portability is important for me as well. By the time I get there I forgot what I was there for.

Back