I'm Telling He Posted Pic's of Machineguns

no-clue

Registered
Registered
Thought I'd post up some of the jobs I've done so far this winter, but first some background is in order. The items you see pictured here were built by me a licensed FFL, I 'm the owner of a small weapons manufacturing company. I have a type 07 Manufacturer's FFL along with an SOT, (Special Occupational Taxpayer designation), which means I can legally produce MG's. SBR's, SBS's, Suppressor's, just about all manner of NFA weapons and devices. The items I manufacture are for other properly licensed dealers or law enforcement agencies not the general public. Please DO NOT try this without obtaining the proper licenses, to do so is a federal crime punishable by prison and substantial fines. The BATFE does not show leniency or care if you have a family that is depended upon you when you’re caught, they will hand you your a** in a sling before you know what happened. I navigate strictly above board at all times so please don't ask how to do something illegal, if you need that info its freely available at any number of places. I'm also not going to say what company it is as I just want to exist here and relax as me a guy who likes to work with his hands. With that said the following are some of my builds from the past 4 or 5 months and some currently on the bench. From the top down reading left to right we have:
Micro Uzi, 9mm integrally suppressed AR, 22 AR Sniper Rifle, 1928A1 Thompson re-weld, Bren MKII re-weld, F/A Shorty AR, F/A Glock 17 W/100rd drum
Thompson M1 re-weld, F/A USAS 12Ga, Full Size UZI

.uzi micro.JPG9mm ar.jpg22lr sniper.jpg1928.jpgBren MII.jpgfa shortie ar.JPGIMG_2931.JPGthompson m1.jpgUSAS 12 Ga.jpgUzi.jpg

uzi micro.JPG 9mm ar.jpg 22lr sniper.jpg 100_0617.JPG 1928.jpg Bren MII.jpg fa shortie ar.JPG IMG_2931.JPG thompson m1.jpg USAS 12 Ga.jpg Uzi.jpg

Hey Marlin,

I guess you weren't kidding about the MG pics. :)

What is a Thompson re-weld? Were the receivers cut off?

Tom

Re-welds are MG's that were destroyed per ATF guidelines, simply the receiver sections were torch cut into 3 pieces burning away about 1/4" of material with each cut. You basically weld it back together to its original dimensions and machine it back to its past appearance.

I can appreciate the time and effort put into your work. I've done some re-welds on Bren receivers converted to semi only, and done a fair amount of internal parts machining for semi conversion of 1919 Brownings. There is some intense jig work and clean-up after wards with the Brens (at least I found it that way). I can also appreciate your wishes to remain somewhat anonymous by company name.

I look forward to seeing more posts and shared info from you.

I can appreciate the time and effort put into your work. I've done some re-welds on Bren receivers converted to semi only, and done a fair amount of internal parts machining for semi conversion of 1919 Brownings. There is some intense jig work and clean-up after wards with the Brens (at least I found it that way). I can also appreciate your wishes to remain somewhat anonymous by company name.

I look forward to seeing more posts and shared info from you.

Thanks for the acknowledgement brassmagnet it is a very time intensive task and as for jigs some of the prep work takes longer than the job itself. Every type/model/caliber weapon commands its own jig, I have shelves full of various ones some used once others worn out. WWI and WWII weapons are the choice when it comes to re-welds, lots of thick steel to work with and there is more uniformity to the steel's manufactured back then at least from the U.S and GB. In doing Thompson receivers I prefer to square up the torch cuts back to good material then machine exact filler pieces from donor receivers of the same era. Back cut the inside edges and TIG them from the inside using filler from the same donors. Then using only the TIG torch carefully blend the, (if done correctly) almost invisible match-line on the outer surface. This allows you to evenly blue or give it a period finish without the discoloration caused by filler metals at the weld joints.

Are we in the same business?

In same business? No - not at all no-clue. I'm just a hobby shop guy that also has an infatuation for rebuilding older military firearms into S/A versions.....I work mainly with 1919 air cooled Brownings, but I did have the opportunity once to work on a Bren. I remember all that went into that build and your post revived the memories.
Here are a couple I have worked on here at my shop...I won't bore you with pics of the simple projects.

View attachment 33885 View attachment 33886
View attachment 33887

Back