I’m Officially Now A Pensioner!!

Buffalo21

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
i returned home from a job in Vermont, on Monday, where I installed a burner on a boiler in a college, I got home 11:30 pm, at 11:59 pm, I was retired. So it’s 4 days into retirement, I’m thrilled, the work phone has been silent since Monday, it amazing. my last paycheck is next Thursday, I did agree to do some consulting (for cash), but I’m now officially a pensioner and I love it.

Congratulations! Now the fun begins!

Congratulations!!! It will take months before you break your habits on getting up and what you eat. It took me forever to stop getting up at 4:30 AM because I had been doing it for 20+ years. Now I sleep until 6 and look out the window before rolling out. One tip. Get your taxes taken out from the start. The first year was wild because of bonus, and vacation payouts etc. Last year was the first of pension and SS only. Got a big surprise in how much that was. Ate up a big chunk of my home shop budget. Bad thing is that if you get any reported salary, it dramatically increases the taxes on your benefits.
By the way. now that your not working, everybody has things they would like you to do. It's taken me about two years to get enough done that I don't have to do anything except what I want. Lining up a bunch of steam engines and stuff to build!!!!

Jealous :sherlock:I need to figure out how to take 10-15yrs off my retirement day. Which doesn’t seem to be in sight any time soon. Enjoy, you worked your whole life for it!

Congrats on the retirement. Enjoy! Mike

I'm glad to hear the good news, stay heathy and happy, you deserve it.

Congratulations! I'm in the same boat "mostly retired" and doing a little consulting. Looking forward to knocking off the consulting part too. "Just one more project...". The "honey do" list seems to be ramping up though.

Back