I'm offering cnc stepper motor wiring and mach3 setup help

jumps4

Global Moderator
Registered
I am no expert by any means
but i would like to offer my help If you have a question or problem ask
two heads are better than one and i wont tell you what a mod in the mach3 forum told me " read the manual again "
so any questions drop me a message here
steve

If any one is using Flashcut software for their CNC, I will also be glad to help figure out issues and problems you may encounter too. FlashCut came as a standard propriatary software loaded on older Torchmate machines and is available in the software world for not too cheap. Mach and other software is a cheaper alternative, but if you have flashcut, keep it and we can figure it out if you have an issue. Have a great day..
Wheelchair Bob

Be careful what your offering, I'm gonna start on my gantry mounts next week for my CNC plasma table. I have all the electronics but I'm dumber than dirt when it comes to stuff like that. May also make all my own pulleys & gear reduction.

charley
i already said i would help you in another thread, when ever your ready. getting the motors spinning make the rest of the build go so much faster because you know it will move.
send me what ever info you have and i'll take a look or the sites you purchased. MGP got his running first try and he knew very little wiring it isnt hard to wire its hard to read chinese lol
steve

Be careful what your offering, I'm gonna start on my gantry mounts next week for my CNC plasma table. I have all the electronics but I'm dumber than dirt when it comes to stuff like that. May also make all my own pulleys & gear reduction.

I was the same way but Steve made it as easy as pie

Charley,
Might want to have a look at Motiontek.ca for pulleys, belts and movement items. Cheap, fast ship, dead nutz accurate and great tech support. Thats where I get all of my motion components from for my projects. My Arc Voltage Torch Height controller is all Motion Tek and Picaxe components so far.
Bob

I have seen your offer to help, so I am asking the first questions.

Are you into setting up "Arduino" components. ? I'm that young fellow, just 75 years of age that is starting to tinker with stepper motors. My first real project is to get a stepper motor working a divider head on my little Unimat lathe. I MUST tell you that me knowledge and experience in this is about minus ten on a one to ten scale. I have watched some of Chuck Fellows You Tube videos and following his suggestions in his videos I have purchased the folowing items.

Here is what I have :

NEW UNO ATMEGA328P-PU/ATMEGA8U2 BOARD + USB Cable For Ard...

1602 LCD Board Keypad Shield Blue Backlight For Arduino

StepStick A4983 Stepper Driver Module compatible with A4988

Then I got a little extra :\

DC 5V Stepper Step Motor + ULN2003 Drive Driver Test Module...

Motor is a 28BYJ-48. it comes with the 5 pin plug. also has it's own little board. Here is the Ebay item.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/280945208250?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Now my next task is to try and figure out how to make them work together.

I'd like to start with the little "Extra" 5 volt stepper, as my first toy.

Give me your comments and I will watch for your input.

Thanks,

Harvey
in Kelowna, BC.

Note: I put a fairly good paragraph in the "Introductions" just a few days ago. This will tell you a little more about me.

hi harvey, nice to meet you
you lost me on this one, i have never read up on any of this.
is there documentation with the items?
steve

hi harvey, nice to meet you
you lost me on this one, i have never read up on any of this.
is there documentation with the items?
steve

Thanks for the reply, No there is no documentation whatsoever. I am studying the Arduino.cc site and there is some starter information there. So far I have the software loaded, and I seem to get the appropriate screens for the computer end, now I have to learn where pin A one Unit A, goes to on the next unit a, b, c, d. etc.. I know we start out with a breadboard, but I don't have the recipe for making the bread..

If there is someone else reading this that knows what I am dealing with, please feel free to jump in with your suggestions.

Thanks again, I know this group is "machinist" minded, but I was hoping to find someone who has played with this aspect of the electronics.

Harvey
in Kelowna, BC.. +4 C. today.

no problem
post what you find out it looks interesting. i got into cnc because i thought it was kewl to make a pc make a part more so than the part itself.
i can probably help with wiring if you can find information
steve

Back