I'm Looking For Pre-anodized Aluminum

Reddinr

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have used an equipment panel manufacturer that makes flat panels from pre-anodized aluminum sheet. They are quick and the results have been good but a bit expensive. I am wondering if anyone here knows of a source of pre-anodized aluminum sheet, say 100 mil or thicker. I've googled a bit but have not too much luck so far. I've seen some sources but not so much for black anodized >40mil. Also, hobby quantities, not industrial quantities are needed.

Thank you.

Try Extrude A Trim. They are in Mississauga Ontario, but with the American dollar higher than ours it might be worth your while. I buy anodized aluminum from them and they are quite reasonable. Not sure about sheet goods though.
Cheers
Martin

You might try Southern Aluminum Finishing. They used to do small orders. I ordered one sheet from them several years back.

I have used some in the form of solid panels from commercial glass companies. Some multi-pane window or wall sections have parts they want opaque, and they use a anodized filler panel instead of glass. Not sure about the thickness, but they might have something you can use.

What size?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

McMaster sells it. Not sure of the thickness.
Robert

Thank you for all the leads. For what ever reason, I didn't think of McMaster Carr. Looks like they sell Black/Gold/Silver anodized 40 mil. sheets. As far as what size, I just need a 12x12" piece of 90 - 125 mil at the moment but have used pieces for electronic panels up to 16x20" or so. It is great for dials too. It can be engraved and infilled with paint or clear varnish. Southern Aluminum looks like they will do low volume stuff. Will need to give them a shout.

Back