I'm Looking For A Small Lever 1-2" Long (metal)

slow-poke

Registered
Registered
If anyone has a surplus lever something like the image below that is willing to part with it for cheap. Please let me know. I see some on eBay however the $20-25 ebay shipping seems excessive. I'm located in Canada
Lever.png

If you're not that fussy about the exact style (you've shown two quite different examples) you may want to try plumbing parts at the local harware place. Alternatively, if there's a salvage place near you some of the old faucet handles you find are really nice.

-frank

The connector links inside an old ac compressor that uses a swash plate like out of a J or N bodied GM car from 87 on up will do the job. I have one somewhere but I will have to look for it. The links are ball ends on both ends with a short straight round shaft between them. About 2 1/2" long with a half inch ball. They are hardened so a bit difficult to work with but very nice handles can be made from them.
Pierre

One option to consider is an adjustable lever like this available at KBC or Travers (both Canada). There are 2 styles: with female threaded nut that would engage a protruding stud or extended threaded post that screws into something. Similar clamping action. The nice thing about these is they have a spring detent so you can tighten down whatever, then lift & rotate out the handle of the way. Come in metal or plastic, metric, imperial. Reasonably priced & replaceable if damaged.

2016-12-14_9-46-42.jpg

That second one looks like the threading engagement lever on my 9x20.
Mine broke so I made another one but I also drilled the detants further apart and slightly deeper for a more positive placement and made it longer.
It worked way better.
Its somewhere on this site but I cant find it now.

Back