igaging lengths

aforsman

Active User
Registered
I would like to replace the flaky old Chinese scales on my mini mill with some Igaging (new Chinese :))) scales. Does anyone know what the overall bar length is for the 12" version? The existing brackets on my table long axis are 17" apart and I would really like to not have to fabricate a new mounting setup. Will the 12" work for me or will I have to purchase a 24" to get enough length?

Thanks,
Allen

'm not sitting at mine right now but I do know they are not 17" your best bet is buy the 24" ones and cut them. I bought two 12" ones for my mill and the are too short but with a little creativity I think they are gonna work.

I hope you know where to buy them ? I believe they are two inches longer than the advertised reading length on all sizes. i'v'e still got them in stock and waiting :)

I just actually measured them. each size is 4" longer than advertised length. so the 12" is really 16". $23.75 plus postage.

Thanks to both of you. My current scales have add-on remote readouts with the most horrible connectors ever devised by man, which makes me want to pull my hair out. I didn't pay much for them to start with, so I don't mind replacing them. The long axis of the table on my mini-mill measures around 17" and I originally fabricated the brackets to bolt into the end plates on the table. My preference is to replace the existing with something that can just drop right in.

$23.75 plus postage.

Wow, where can you get them for that price? I have looked on Ebay and Amazon and the going price for a 12" is about $36.

Back