If You Were To Start Over

Hacksaw, file, 1" bench mic, Anderson HSS hand scraper, stone, machinist vise, surface plate.
A single good learning text or even better, a local mentor who growled "not good enough".

Learn the basics and everything else makes sense.
I jumped ahead and trying to regress.

Daryl
MN

Boostin,

Back about 20 years ago, I lived in Mansville, just south of there but worked over there near Ranger Stadium area. About every week or two, I would make a trip up and down Division street between 360 and Grandview hitting every palm shop there was back then, for about two to three blocks north and south of Division st. I picked up lots of stuff, most of it came from area manufactures around there. Most of the palm shops didn't know what they had there and could be had for pennies on the dollar. Just another thought to share.

If you were to start over as a beginner, what lathe tooling would you fill your tool box up with?
Well I have been a pack rat for 40 years gathering tooling I see. Even if I can't use it yet. I can't really say anything that I haven't found as I am still using 40 year old HSS tool bits I had in high school. Some of the tooling I use now wasn't around 40 years ago like my ER40 collet chuck but I am sure the collets were used in a mill. I have about 8 of everything, drill chucks, lathe chucks, centers...Bob

Sharpies. Blue, purple, red, and black. Love my sharpies instead of having to dye some things.

Back