I Weep For The Future....

I have been saying for a couple years now. There should be some kind of school class that teaches common sense. It a simple thinking of..... If I do this....this can happen.

I think it should be re-named "uncommon sense" as "common sense" appears to be as rare as rocking horse snot.
Anyone showing visible signs of so called "common sense" today is a genius.
When I was teaching I was forced to do the "Workplace Health and Safety" course.
Once I had the qualifications I was asked to teach it.
I refused and when asked why I replied---
"If someone wants to stick their fingers in the power socket call me for a ringside seat so I can tell them to wet their fingers first and watch the fireworks."
It didnt go down well but I was never asked again to teach it.

It seems like, since the education establishment started pushing "critical thinking skills" in the late '80s and '90s
that the skill actually became extinct among the young.

Every generation I have been around has been quoted lamenting about the state of the 'younger generation', and I'd bet my lunch money that the same has been said by every generation since we started walking upright.

Yet so far, every generation has built upon those preceding it in one way or another. Some of it I don't agree with, but so what? Who says my opinion amounts to anything in the greater scheme of things?

So I tell myself to "get over it", and the world with continue in some way, shape, or form without the opinions of the over the hill gang that I am a part of. Our opinions and positions on things apparently don't appear to matter that much to the continuation of the universe. My personal happiness level has increased significantly of late, and I've only been partially successful in ignoring the world 'going to Heck in a handbasket'. ;)

As for my position on common sense, see my PC-worded sig. :D

i will never forget the girl in hs wood shop that got scalped on the wood lathe...flop flop flop

i will never forget the girl in hs wood shop that got scalped on the wood lathe...flop flop flop
I'll bet she will never forget it either. Seems like if her hair was uncontained, that shop instructor carried some degree of responsibility also.

Back