I want to sell my mini mill

I have tentatively sold the mill for $850. He is picking it up Friday.
I, on the other hand have my eye on a First LC-60a mill. However, information is scarce. Made in 1981. 220v electrics, which is critical. Still don't know what the spindle taper is, tho...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-ot...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

It's a column mill, which isn't ideal, but I'm sure it I'll do everything I'll ever ask of it.
I offered $1450 and he accepted. Gonna be the biggest piece of equipment I've ever moved. My lathe is heavy, but this is a whole different ball park.

Yeah I saw that last night. Its a turret/knee mill where the other is a column. comet 1, first 0.

The comet has a dro, but the first has a vise. Comet 1 first 1.

Both 220v

First is closer to me, comet 1 first 2...

What else we got?

Budget is $1450. And distance will win in most cases as I work alllllllll the tiiiiiiime... but I hadn't seen those. I'll tak a better look when I'm not driving.

I starting to like that comet mill, I like that it's a turret/knee rather than the column. But nearly 4 hours away, yeesh....

My opinion is that the Comet mill is greatly superior to the First mill for several reasons. The Comet has a knee that will raise and lower the table and maintain accurate alignment as it likely has either dovetail or box ways for the knee whereas the First with the round column will likely not maintain alignment when moved. Also, I can't tell for sure in the photos, but the First mill does not appear to have the nod feature and may not have the ability to extend the ram in and out in the Y axis. I really can't tell for sure if the head even has the ability to tilt.
Just my two cents.

Ted

Back