I Scored Some Nice Tools Today

Mark_f

Registered
Registered
A friend of mine gave me some brand new Drills made by Cleveland Drill.
image.jpeg There is a 9/16" , 11/16" , 3/4"

Another friend brought me a tool he did not know what it was. I offered him $100 for it , but he said " I would rather trade". I said "no problem ". I got all this without spend any money!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg It is a small dividing head. It fits my Burke mill perfectly. I can't find any markings as to the make. It needs disassembled and cleaned.

A friend of mine gave me some brand new Drills made by Cleveland Drill.
View attachment 135162 There is a 9/16" , 11/16" , 3/4"

Another friend brought me a tool he did not know what it was. I offered him $100 for it , but he said " I would rather trade". I said "no problem ". I got all this without spend any money!
View attachment 135163
View attachment 135164 It is a small dividing head. It fits my Burke mill perfectly. I can't find any markings as to the make. It needs disassembled and cleaned.
Mark. After seeing your fine workmanship, I can't wait to see what you will do with that dividing head.

Mark, from your writings on here I am sure you take good care of your friends and they also see fit to return to you as they can. That to me is the true definition of friendship! Keep up the good work.

Nice!
Congrats, Mark.

What was the trade?

Hopefully the insides are clean.

-brino

nice score Mark!!!:grin:
evaporust works great as does electrolytic rust removal!
i can't wait to see the cleaned up dividing head :)

Mark, you have some very nice friends. And I'm sure you're a fantastic friend in return. Cleveland is a great name for drills.

Nice!
Congrats, Mark.

What was the trade?

Hopefully the insides are clean.

-brino
Actually he came out on the good end. I gave him one of my precision drill sharpener for the dividing head.

The insides are perfect. Actually, the dividing head may be new. It came from a high school shop where his dad was the teacher and he had no idea what this was so it just laid on a shelf for many years. Upon retirement, his dad kept the dividing head ( along with some other stuff ) and it laid in his basement for years. I cannot see ANY marks or any wear on the worm set or bearing surfaces. I truly think this piece is new and has never been used.

Mark,
Get thy a gallon of Evap-O-Rust for that dividing head,soak overnight and scotch brits the next day.As soon as you find another dividing head let me know.
It looks like an Ellis heres a link to google images < https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...search.yahoo.com&ei=UTF-8&n=60&x=wrt&y=Search >
Regards
dgehricke
I have disassembled the unit and washed it with brake cleaner. Everything washed up really nice. The only rust of significance is on the hole plate. Everything else is just heavy surface rust and polished up nicely. There is a name on the housing end. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Nice score on the dividing head. I have a very similar one with no maker's mark on it.

Back