I ordered a PM-940M-PDF

I've had a few more bits of tooling show up, so I think it's time for another update.

Across the top are 3 sizes of Magafor brand M35 82 degree single flute countersinks. On the bottom left is a Melin brand 90 degree 1/2" 4 flute solid carbide chamfering mill that I got from amazon for 50% of what it normally retails for. On the bottom left is one of the 4 vise stops I picked up on eBay from this guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121020123574?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

These stops are pretty nice for the price ($5.25). The blackening is very good, they have almost no mill marks, & the cap screw is a high quality one.

countersinkChamferAndStop.jpg

countersinkChamferAndStop.jpg

It won't be my first mill, but it will be my first new mill, so fair warning I'm sure I will have a few questions. Besides the basic mill I got the hardened table & ways option, and a 4" Homge vise. Even before I placed my order with Ray, I started ordering some accessories, If I can get out from under my Christmas present making duties, I'll take some pictures and post them.

Dan, did you receive the PM 940 mill yet? If not, what is the shipping date they give ya? Just curious,

Buck

Dan, did you receive the PM 940 mill yet? If not, what is the shipping date they give ya? Just curious,

Buck

Not yet, I talked Matt last month, and he thinks the end of this month or early next.

Matt has my mill in, and he should get my check Monday, so hopefully one of this bad boys brothers will be in my shop by the end of the month.

PM-940M_4_.JPG

I used parts cleaning solvent to clean mine, works great and it's cheap!

Make sure you post how it works and trams, curious if it's as straight and level as mine is Dan S.

Buck

The first order of business is to finish the welding project i got going, so i have the space to take care of this guy.

Hey Dan congrats on the new mill. That thing looks like a beast compared to my PM-25. I just got a new job, I start in one week, maybe I will have to get a new mill as I got a substantial raise....?

So I started working on the mill last night. I got the base off it's pallet and roughly in place, and the sides off the mills pallet. I have to say it was nice to see that Matt & his people went through and reinforced the crate with screws.

The mill looks to be in great shape, the only issue I found was with power head motor, that seems to have bounced out of it's box and de-wired itself. I e-mailed Matt this morning to see what he has to say, as electrical really isn't my forty. Either way I'll crack the motor open tonight, and see if I can fix it.

66292-8d181c308f28725da15fe0820e64c66e.jpg

66293-e56c4df205c013fc0ae6f5032ce6b518.jpg

I got the mill up on the stand tonight. Hopefully tomorrow night I will get it wired up and running.

66344-2e99b5103ae3aef7b320733c682fb4b0.jpg

Back