I need some help

I tend to get very excited when someone finds a K Martin:grin:. They are not very common. They are a tank when it comes to heavy turning, but you can still turn fairly small parts also. It is very accurate for 60 years old. On the tail stock end of the way, there should be a date stamped on the flat part of the way.
Here are a couple pictures of mineIMG_1155.JPG IMG_1156.JPG IMG_1237[5803].JPG when I first got it home.
Cheers
Martin W

Sweet, I like it.
Looks like it has a coolant pump. I like how the electrical is accessible from the front.has a Inch leadscrew. Does it have a taper attachment?
If its possible, pull the top off the gearbox and have a peek inside.you should be able to see the oil from the sight glass on the front of the gearbox and carriage.
Cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder why the bolts are already loose on the cover? Maybe it used to have a plate on there with a light?
Martin

I wonder why the bolts are already loose on the cover? Maybe it used to have a plate on there with a light?
Martin

I never noticed the bolts for the top plate till you said something but you may be right.

I don't remember seeing a taper attachment but I didn't look it over as well as I did the Clausings he had.

Glen

The Martin that I looked at has a compound but it's not the one for the this machine.

Glen

Hi Glen
Yeah, I noticed that too. No tool holder either. What kind of shape was the Clausing in?
Martin

Back