I need a rigger/mover

gheumann

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I need to move a 2500 lb Sharp 1118H and a 500lb Syil X4 mill from my folks' house in Hillsborough, CA to my shop in Geyserville, CA. My dad left me his entire shop when he passed away last year. His shop is small - getting that lathe outa there is going to take some ingenuity!

Can anyone recommend any northern Calif. riggers? I'd prefer someone who knows what a lathe is. That 1118H is an ultra-precision machine and I don't want it bent!

Thanks in advance.

I can be reached at greg at blowsmeaway dot com.

P.S. - I tried to contact Charlie (see "West Coast Machinery Moving" thread in this forum.) No luck by email but haven't tried the phone yet....

Get at least a couple of prices if you can. Here in CT ,I got 2 prices to move my 5500lb lathe. The first guy wanted $1200, the second guy wanted $600. , big difference. The second guy got the job and did a great job. If you have any use machine dealers in your area, call them to see if they have anybody that they use regularly. That's how I found my$600 outfit. They were a division of the used equipment dealer. The used equipment dealers move a lot of machinery on a regular basis, so they'll know who has the best deal.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Back