I Need a 400V, 3-pole, 25A circuit breaker.....what would you use?

This is FACT.
Yes, and as I mentioned it is not an issue what so ever for me, therefore in my particular system, it is insignificant by my perspective.

I'm pretty sure I will go with the DIN rail circuit breakers that mksj linked from the Direct Automation website. I see they have the 480V models which should pose no problem with a lower-voltage system, and the mounting scheme makes it quite easy to integrate into my setup with out too much hassle; just a little fab work here and there.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for their unwavering support! Took me this long since I been working long hours and only have like 20-30min free on the weekdays after I get home, and weekends are for traveling around Texas :)

Receptacles from Left to Right:
  • 240A (just pass through, same 3-Φ coming from the rotary phase converter, not up/down converted)
  • up-converted 400V with a 25A B-curve breaker (right above, breaker on the left). They were out of stock on C-curve breakers, so I'm thinking it will be fine.
  • up-converted 480V on a 20A B-curve breaker (right above, breaker on the right).

uc

uc

I still need to protect the wiring that comes out from the transformer, but for now it's no big deal as I don't work anywhere near there.

Not theory, but fact. The reason breakers do not rip is because it is for a very short period of time and it has to do with the trip curve. Whatever works for you is fine, but there are quite a few threads over at the Practical Machinist that this is a reality and can be an issue.
RE: Transformers
This is fact. Motors experience similar high inrush also.
There are reasons for the national electric code and the calculations in it.

A suggestion...

All outlets look alike, not good.

Twist lock devices have different size and shape of ground prong to allow "matched" plugs.

The your outlets have the prongs close to the sides, may be a hazard if you plug in live.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

A suggestion...

All outlets look alike, not good.

Twist lock devices have different size and shape of ground prong to allow "matched" plugs.

The your outlets have the prongs close to the sides, may be a hazard if you plug in live.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Thanks for your suggestions. No need to worry on any of those accounts; they don't present any issues/problems. :)

Back