I Just Finished Up A 17-600 With A Power Down Feed

randyjaco

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I picked up this Delta Rockwell 17-600 a little over a month ago. It was a basket case,but luckily all the parts were in the basket. This is a very well made drill press. I wonder why Delta didn't didn't make it longer than they did. The finished product runs great. The Reeves drive is the smoothest I have ever used. I am going to hate selling it.DR DP front face.jpg DR DP Rt.jpg DR DP Lt.jpg DR DP Table.jpg DR DP Lt full.jpg

Randy,

That looks like a very well made tool.
Thanks for posting the pictures, I have never seen one like it before.

-brino

Really nice, that sure would be nice to have. I haven't seen one like it in many years. I've been watching for a decent press with the power down feed option for quite a while. When I do see one they are very over priced . You did a great job restoring this press. Thanks

Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that it came with a factory 110-120 vac 1 hp motor.

Randy

Nice job. I doubt I could let that one go if it were mine. Of course that's why I have buildings full of unfinished projects With little chance of finishing them all before my eventual demise. :faint: :alien: :boxing:

Nice restoration. I bet it didn't look that good when it was new.

I don't recall ever seen one with power feed. That must of been an option that few ever ordered with the drill press purchase.
Nice job of restoration you did there! Don't sell it! Keep it!

Very sweet machine. Rockwell made very nice machines found in many vocational institutions (robust). What's your asking price and the weight of the unit?

Back