I have made the decision to CNC it!

I am going to go ahead and order some more tools, I have to get some parts made. While I wait for the opportunity to raise the extra money to improve the machine.

Yeah, OakRidgeGuy. This thread is nasty good timing. I'm learning a lot in a short time.

I picked up a 17" monitor today - a refurbished Samsung. I figured I'd keep costs down where it doesn't matter as much.

I'm converting an X2 mill. The motor package was the best deal, from what little I know about CNC so far. I got the four-axis package because it was the cheapest way to go if I add any kind of fourth.

Don't want to hijack OakRidgeGuy's thread, but I don't know how to move this quote to another thread.

Jumps4 I'd like a little info on this pendant, how much trouble was it to set up I run mach 3 on my cnc plasma table and that would be right handy Thanks and sorry for intruding.

dannyboy

it came with nothing but broken english translation. i e-mailed them and they sent me the manual written by the same translator. but i plugged it in and it just worked. all you have to do is go into the key setup part of mach setup and push each button to set it once. in the directions it says type in "insert".... that translates to push the insert button on your keyboard. once you set it up it just works from then on. its great
steve

The pendant is something that I am going to need as well, I have been looking at several different ones. Steve, have you had the opportunity to look at other ones in comparison to the one that you have now?

Doc

Steve,

Your right, as I am playing with the eMachineShop program, I am beginning to believe it is very easy to draw up a part on it. I think with some practice, a person can indeed master it rather quickly. I am liking it already.. thank you for that!

Doc

PS: What I wonder is, can you draw a 9 degree Secent Ogive or Tangent Ogive line on it?

doc
i have been looking at pendants for years but i just could not see the money they wanted. this one does everything i need to do for far less. i added a magnet to the back and it hangs right on the side of my mill head. to machine something fast i just use it to set feed rate and go i dont even go over to the pc.
i'm not going to look this up to figure out what you asked me
"PS: What I wonder is, can you draw a 9 degree Secent Ogive or Tangent Ogive line on it? "
it does a lot i dont understand or need. try the help on the website and search for your topic it is pretty good
also see this it looks pretty easy to draw what your asking

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Tangent+Ogive+line+&FORM=HDRSC2
ok i looked them up they dont look hard to draw
steve

th.jpg th2.jpg

if in emachineshop you try to export your dxf and the export button is not available. save your file then reopen it. then you can export with no problem. it does that some times and maybe the version i just got fixed that.
you can also open a few emachineshop programs at the same time and cut and paste between them, thats handy to grab predrawn items, scale mirror rotate and insert them into your new drawings.
steve

Steve,

I will have to remember that, but more than likely, you will have to remind me later!

Here is the first work up I tried.. didn't take a few minutes once I started to get a understanding as to which plane my mind needs to be in when starting a drawing.

SANY0415.jpg

That is one of the many parts that I will actually be making.

SANY0415.jpg

yeah,

but now I have to learn how to do arcs and remove material for different designs from this point.

Back