I have been sick and out of the shop.

Mark_f

Registered
Registered
I have been very ill :confused: and not able to go to my shop at all. In fact I have been in bed most of the last four weeks. :(Finally after three weeks my doctor was able to squeeze me in for a visit. I was dehydrated, weak, and lost 15 pounds as I could not eat ( except for a small piece of toast now and then) and only drink water in small amounts. After testing they found I had somehow contracted a highly contagious intestinal virus that left untreated is fatal (it has a name a half mile long that I cannot pronounce). By now I am in the advanced stage of the virus ( this was two days ago ). I am on antibiotics to kill the virus and if I don't improve in a week, I will be in serious trouble. I think I am improving but I don't really know. I refused to stay in the hospital ( there is no one to take care of my dogs and watch the house) so they are treating me at home, but if after a week if I'm not better, I will be put in the hospital. Neither me or the doctors have any idea how I got this, but I just want to get better and play in my shop. This is the sickest I ever remember being, but I WILL be back to finish my projects.

Get better soon my friend. Need to figure out if the virus is living with you at home and can effect your animals.
Godspeed in your recovery!

Get better soon my friend. Need to figure out if the virus is living with you at home and can effect your animals.
Godspeed in your recovery!

Thank you, my understanding from reading all I could find is this virus lives everywhere and on everything and every surface including our bodies. Our systems normally keep it in check, but if the conditions are just right, it can get hold and take over. ...... bummer. They say the best protection is constant hand washing and careful hygine. But there are other conditions, including medical, that can let it get hold also.

If it were me... I would be at the health food store... in the vitamins/herbs/supplements section...
Looking for immune system boosters.

Mark I hope the treatments can get this in check and make you better.

I have arthritis and take Humira which suppresses the immune system, so I have to be vigilant in case some sort of infection or other is encountered.

Hoping for your complete recovery.
David

Mark, Sorry to hear that. Hope you make a speedy recovery, HM needs you!

Back