I had a last minute job come to the shop this afternoon...

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Registered
i was going to spend the late afternoon working on Henrietta, my SB 11"X5' lathe...
Until a got the call for a special build ,for a special customer...
:soldier1:

My 2 1/2 yr old son Mike Jr....

Yeah, sure it took a grueling 15 minutes to trick this mad scooter out. it was worth every second of it:saluteflag:
lubed with mobil 1 synthetic grease. i even used high speed wheel retaining cotter pins rather than the stock internal star retainers. I figure that you'll never see the star type retainers used at Bonneville, why on earth would i use them on this high speed sled . i cross drilled the 10mm axle to accept a 1/8" stainless steel cotter, took all the thrust out of the rearend, considered putting a quick change axle but didn't have the 4:56's on hand. I'm figuring with the solid wheels and the wedge i put on the outside rear, we should be top 3 at Taledega. if we get a good run, may even take Michigan. if i ditch the small wedge an go for 2" we'll stay in the groove better. But i think NASTRIKE inspectors are getting wise to me. i'll bet them tech inspectors are gonna see the extra fuel tank i embedded inside the frame. we had sit out for 4 races last time.... dang, i hope they don't jack it up in tech:rofl:

I see LSR in his future. See you on the salt.
***************G***************

I had one just like that. Sure brings back memories!

Slip the tech inspector a cookie and keep him laughing, he wont notice the wedge. Good lookin race trike, is that the primary or backup?

Bob

:rofl:, thanks Bob!!
this one's the everyday trainer!
if he runs a little hot into turn 3 and rubs the wall a little, we'll just bang 'er out and reset the toe and offn' again!!
thanks for reading!!

My daughter is about to get the training wheels off her bike. She doesn't know it, but once she gets em off and gets the hang of it, she's getting a new bike, and so am I. Then we'll be doing long (outside the 'burb) rides together.

Back