I Got Money Burnin' A Hole In My Pocket

Tmarks, I have been kicking around that idea myself for quite a while. A buddy of mine got the newer version with the AC motor and VFD and it has a wider belt / pulley arrangement. I have been toying with the idea of making a new pulley set up, but haven't gone any further than that.

I have been toying with the idea of making a new pulley set up, but haven't gone any further than that.

What is the size of the vee belt on there? A typical vee belt should have no problem with 2-3 HP as long as the drive pulley isn't too small. My G0709 had two drive belts and I took one off, and it hasn't slipped once even when the motor bogged down on to aggressive of a cut.

The belt is a Gates 7m825. It is a metric v-belt which is pretty thin. It is 7 mm wide.

20161125_162305.jpg
20161125_145335.jpg
20161125_145405.jpg

Well boys.....it's here and leveled. Matt sold me some left over 1228 stands. No brace or filler piece with the deal on these stands so I fabbed some up. Put a crappy Earl Scheibe paint job on the parts and socked them on.

The factory shown in the pix is Sumore Tools in Shanghai. I have a 3in1 from them I imported myself, and it has performed well in the 5 years I've had it. U might look up their website for a little more info. There are a lot of models shown and maybe DRO would import whatever u want?

Hi, Im looking at importing a lathe from sumore.com who did you use to import yours? im currently talking to Diana Zou of sumore.

any help you could off would be appreciated more then I can tell you! thanks
Shane Record

Shane, why do you want to import the machine yourself?

If you read the info from Matt at Precision Matthews, he sums it up pretty well, you will not save any money and possibly have an obscure machine that you have difficulty finding parts for when needed.

4. Sumores web site is a trading company. They have machines on there from probably 10 or more different factories. Not that its a bad thing, but for a small machine like this, there is no way you can import it and save any money by the time you figure in customs brokers, insurance, ocean shipping, inland freight, etc. - If they have something you like, no problem, as juiceclone seemed to have good luck with them, but there are a lot of variables to get right. And if they don't, you're out of luck. And not sure where you would get parts if you need them.

Do yourself a favour and buy from Precision Matthews (or another US Vendor) and let them deal with all the import and freight details and have a warranty that is worth something.. here is the PM website.

http://www.precisionmatthews.com/

I am not affiliated with PM just a happy customer.

I import stuff from China for my business and we do 3 to 4 shipments a year and it's not easy, always some delay with the factory, shipping inside China to the docks or trouble getting the money wired, it's very time consuming and we are doing $20,000+ orders each time. I couldn't imagine buying from China if you need to deal with all the logistics for a one off shipment.

BTW, you should start your own thread in the correct manufacturer section, this thread is for Precision Matthews machines.

Good luck in your search..

David

Back