I got a Killer Deal $$$ , On Slightly Used MS Wheels and Dunlop Tires !!!!!

See how they were made!!!
Note the precision and use of only the finest tools and tooling!!!

:eagerness:
I’d go down hwy 5 at 80+ MPH. No worries man.
Those of you that know something about metal fatigue, inconsistent heat treating, irregular alloy materials added to a part expected to handle the stresses of today’s automobiles at highway speeds should chime in here.
I’m just glad I don’t have to be on the same roads as these fellas.

Last edited:
I should have added,
Yes I appreciate and acknowledge their efforts to turn scrap into working parts.
Because of these manufacturing methods I bet there are plenty of part failures that cause death and dismemberment.
They do the best they can with what they have.

My thread was focusing on machine neglect. The shop needs a little daily clean up as well.
I don’t imagine the lathes and presses are easy to come by in their economy. You would think they would take better care.

While I admire the "fix anything" attitude, I am very glad me and my family do not use those "rebuilt" rims.

Two takeaways for me.

1) low safety standards
-no real testing of those rebuilt rims
-gloves used at the lathe; and I cringed every time he used his gloved hand to help stop the chuck quicker!
-reading glasses not safety glasses at the lathe
-long flowing clothes everywhere even at the tire machine; sure it's slow, but it could grab fabric

2) very different cost structures
-things like labour and welding gases must be nearly free
-there is no way that would be profitable here

In some way it seems like a totally different world!

-brino

I should have added,
Yes I appreciate and acknowledge their efforts to turn scrap into working parts.
Because of these manufacturing methods I bet there are plenty of part failures that cause death and dismemberment.
They do the best they can with what they have.

My thread was focusing on machine neglect. The shop needs a little daily clean up as well.
I don’t imagine the lathes and presses are easy to come by in their economy. You would think they would take better care.
I was watching a group working on a lathe, sandals, welding and grinding on the lathe no safety glasses... bare eyes, everything to destroy the lathe and themselves. I don't think they care. For them the job is more important, use the machine until they can't anymore... fix it in between.

But that's how we were in the 1800's and up until probably the 60s... except for the sandals. I would not do work without my safety glasses. Been hit with enough crap to have destroyed my eyes quite a number of times.

edit: I had a friend who was an auto mechanic (owned his own shop) , retired. He was rebuilding a car, needed to weld up a tranny cross member to match his tranny. He came with sandals, and asked if he could do some of the welding.. SURE I said.. :laughing: He was dancing pretty good.

Back