Huey Gunship

My last Pattern ship had a carbon fibre reinforced epoxy based fuse and obechi sheeted foam core wings and it was not a cheap bird. After I put the YS 1.2 supercharged in and a pipe along with the retracts and redundant batteries it flew outstandingly. Unfortunately I was shot down and it piled in wide open from about 250 feet straight in. The tip of the pipe was all that was sticking out of the ground when we got to the crash site. The fuse and wings were total losses. So I salvaged the electronics, replaced the crankshaft in the motor, and built a slow hummer to putz around with. That crash broke me of the high dollar, high speed super sleek aerobatics planes from then on. I guess that plane cost between 2500 and 300 total and I just wasn't going to do that anymore. It is like losing a puppy or a child, it was truly a sad day at Flying Gator Field...

Bob

Nice Huey. Interesting tangent stories.

Well I have a couple of 450 clones. They are broke right now because I got busy with moving to a new house. Plan on fixing them and getting scale fuselages. 450's are pretty economical. My machining aspirations will be centered around RC projects until I grow into some new directions and interests.

Big robotics sound fun!

Back