Hub/backing plate for lathe chuck

laddjag1

Registered
Registered
Hi All, I am in need of a new backing plate/hub that the lathe chuck mounts to on my Central Machinery L-H009 (1992 model) lathe. I also would like to purchase a new 6" chuck as the 4" wont hold the aluminum billet I need to cut down. Any ideas on where to purchase these Items? Probably purchased at harbor freight but calls to them are fruitless. They asked questions like" what color is it"? Thanks in advance for any help. Joe Ladd

First off, Welcome to our home.

Now, when HF asked you what color, it was a real question. they weren't getting smart. HF lathes came in Blue, Green or Red depending on when they were made. They were trying to nail down a time period for you. There have been many changes in their lathes. Some of the other Imports have the same parts, you could run a cross check to see if any fit your lathe.

"Billy G"

HF dont sale lathe chucks that I know of. They may supply a replacement type. You can get chucks from enco, shars, littlemachineshop, and any number of other places. You need to know the spindle mounting info to get a proper backing plate, or get one and machine it to spec. Then a chuck for the plate. 6in chuck 6in plate I assume

Back