Huanyang Vfd Basic Input Wiring

AGCB97

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I've seen a few different ways of wiring the 220 single phase input of these units.

Mine has R S T terminals for input (I think). The only ground (w/ ground symbol) is on the 3 phase side next to the U V W terminals.

What 2 terminals should the 2 hot legs of the single phase input be hooked to and where should the green ground wire from the main panel go?

I've not found a good comprehensive manual for this thing. It's a 3KW.

Thanks
Aaron

Hi Aaron,
Any two power of the three input terminals (RST) can be used for 220-240 VAC power in, I usually use R and T. There is NO neutral connection, ground should go to terminal 9 on the model shown which is to the right of the motor terminals. This might vary by VFD model that you have. The grounds can all go to a single post (star ground) in the VFD enclosure, which then goes to your incoming power line ground/panel. There should be a separate ground wire in your motor cable that connects at both ends to ground, and if used the motor cable shield is usually only grounded at the VFD end.
Huanyang VFD  Terminals.jpg

Attachments

• Huanyang VFD Manual.pdf
    424 KB · Views: 50
  • Huanyang VFD Manual - GT Series .pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 62
Thanks MKSJ
I just need to switch the ground wire to #9 piggy backed on the output ground and I'm ready to apply power. I just didn't want to see smoke!
Aaron

MKSJ, congratulations, you nailed it perfectly. I have two of the VFDs and they work great for me.

Back