HSS inserts

SBLCHET

Registered
Registered
I just bought some HSS T-15 inserts to try on both my SBL 9 inch and heavy 10. Bought TPG 221/222, DCMT and VCMT. So far I have tried them all on Aluminum, Brass, 12L14, Cr, Delrin and Stainless Steel (gun barrel) both turning and facing. And have on the SB Heavy 10 taken cuts as light as .00025 and can measure it on all the above workpeice's. I use carbide insert's for all roughing in cut's Then just remove the carbide insert and put in the HSS insert then sneak up on the last couple thousands of the finish cut. Have not gotten a smoother or prettier finish. Just as good as any HSS tool bit that has been hand ground on a good bench grinder. I found them doing a Google search for HSS inserts. Very happy and pleased with them and glad I found HSS inserts.

Chet

$4.50 to $6.00 each on one at a time order's. Very fair pricing on todays maket I personlly think. And yest should last a very long time as I will be using them for light finish work.
Chet

I went direct to AR Warner co because I was trying to find them in TPG 221 and 222 hopfully. I called and was put in contact with Mike Warner who was very helpful. And I got a couple each of four different insert TPG 221, TPG222, DCMT and VCMT. And a 5/16 pre ground off set threading tool bit. All at a very fair price. And I am very happy with the out come would do it again any time. I don't know Mike other then talking with him over the phone. He told me that it was ok to call and ask for him anytime. If you want tell him Chet sent you.

Chet

Back