How to thread 1/2 13 threads pm1236

The top 2 charts are feed rates using the power feed rod, not the leadscrew/half nuts, dial set to "S". The chart indicates travel in millimeters per one revolution of the spindle & travel in inches/imperial per one revolution of the spindle.

The squiggly icon is not representing the leadscrew. The horizontal squiggly icon is for the carriage feed rate, the vertical squiggly is the cross slide feed rate.
that’s what I thought, but wanted to make sure. I thought I understood the threading charts, but wasted all night making mistakes.

You are getting the hang of it! Looks ok.

Might make it easier for you if you make a thread relief at the end of the threads. It's easier to stop (gives you more reaction time) and makes nice looking threads. Sometimes you have to thread without a relief. If you have a proximity stop, then I guess it doesn't matter, since the stop terminates any threading. The thread relief should be slightly deeper than the valley of the thread. I make the thread relief with a parting tool.

You are getting the hang of it! Looks ok.

Might make it easier for you if you make a thread relief at the end of the threads. It's easier to stop (gives you more reaction time) and makes nice looking threads. Sometimes you have to thread without a relief. If you have a proximity stop, then I guess it doesn't matter, since the stop terminates any threading. The thread relief should be slightly deeper than the valley of the thread. I make the thread relief with a parting tool.
I had one, but it wasn’t deep enough. I’m always on a time crunch and take shortcuts trying to get things done in the time I have. Doesn’t make for consistent results though.

I had one, but it wasn’t deep enough. I’m always on a time crunch and take shortcuts trying to get things done in the time I have. Doesn’t make for consistent results though.
There's a saying, roughly paraphrased, sometimes you have to go slow to be fast.

That being said, the threads are ok and much better than when you first started out. Real progress!

Do you have to make the 13 TPI threads still?

Back