How to power my new 10EE?

I got the contactor seal in problem fixed.

I had the RPC connected to the lathe with the generated phase connected to the M coil. When the MG set start button was pressed the inrush to the motor was pulling the generated phase down enough to keep the contactor from sealing in every time. If I hit the start button two or three times it would seal in because the motor was no longer at locked rotor and the inrush was reduced.

I rotated the phase connections from the RPC so that the contactor is now picked up and held by the non generated phases and it works like a champ.

If you have this problem please note that after you change the phase connections to get the coil between the non-generated phases you must be sure that you didn't inadvertently reverse the rotation direction of the motor generator. If you did you will have to exchange two more wires without negating the first fix.

I probably wouldn't have had this problem if I had used a 10 hp idler but I am happy with the operation as it is now.

Cecil

I got the contactor seal in problem fixed.

I had the RPC connected to the lathe with the generated phase connected to the M coil. When the MG set start button was pressed the inrush to the motor was pulling the generated phase down enough to keep the contactor from sealing in every time. If I hit the start button two or three times it would seal in because the motor was no longer at locked rotor and the inrush was reduced.

I rotated the phase connections from the RPC so that the contactor is now picked up and held by the non generated phases and it works like a champ.

If you have this problem please note that after you change the phase connections to get the coil between the non-generated phases you must be sure that you didn't inadvertently reverse the rotation direction of the motor generator. If you did you will have to exchange two more wires without negating the first fix.

I probably wouldn't have had this problem if I had used a 10 hp idler but I am happy with the operation as it is now.

Cecil
Nice work Cecil. Love your new 10EE ... and your shirt :) Now make lotsa chips! Cheers, Bill

Back