How to make Left handed threads on a lathe

If you have a threading bar, you can cut it from the back too, just as though it was an internal thread. Cut from right to left, spindle reverse.

I did not see anywhere where someone asked if his lathe had a reverse tumbler, so if they did please forgive me but, does the OP lathe have left hand threading capabilities? Meaning can it turn the lead screw in the opposite direction and push the apron away from the chuck when running with the top of the chuck rolling towards you?

Ok guys help me out here, I need to make a left handed metric thread bolt 1.00-10. My Grizzly lathe has the settings to make the threads but I do not understand the proceedure to make left handed? Your assistance is most appreciated.

BobinWA

I guess maybe I, or all of us, assumed that he meant it did when he said "has the settings", but yep, we need to know that.

Thanks to all of you for your instruction, it looks easyier then I orginally thought; oh yes my Grizzly G0509G lathe has the capablity to reverse thread. (sorry I was'nt clear on my orginal post)

Back