How to increase speed faster than 3800 rpm on 940 cnc vs1

rodjava

Registered
Registered
My 940cnc vs arrived yesterday and im still setting it up. Was wondering how to increase the rpm beyond 3800 rpm. I normally run a 3 flute carbide .2500 in aluminum at 5000 rpm.

Im sure its something simple that im missing.

Thanks in advance.

Rod in San Francisco

My 940cnc vs arrived yesterday and im still setting it up. Was wondering how to increase the rpm beyond 3800 rpm. I normally run a 3 flute carbide .2500 in aluminum at 5000 rpm.

Im sure its something simple that im missing.

Thanks in advance.

Rod in San Francisco

The factory limit is like 3200 rpm. You would probably need to replace the spindle bearings with ones that can take more rpm. Research that! and I suppose you could increase the VFD frequency to gain more RPM. You'd lose torque at some point and who knows how much the motor can take before it melts down / burns up. So I'd be careful with that!

Jake

Consult with Matt before making any such modifications to the machine. He's the importer, and would have the best advice on what you want to do.

+1 on what Tony said. If you want to protect your 3 year warranty you have to listen to the company that you bought it from.

Tom S.

I emailed Matt and he advised not to go beyond the max rated rpm.. I come from a Tormach and other mill background and use to higher spindle speeds.
I can only make adjustments to the feeds and speeds to compensate for the lower max rpms.

Today, I finally got my new 940 cnc on the stand in place in my shop. Now to make all the connections.

I was pleasantly surprised with the included MPG pendant. I didn't know it came with the package.

I invite any member to come visit me and my shop if in my town. No weirdos or mass murderers. please.

Rod in San Francisco

Yeah many people up the speeds on machines, but I can only recommend what its set at from the factory. A belt drive conversion is a popular thing people do too, thats probably the safest way

Back