How To Connect A Huayang Hy02d223b To A Tb6560 3 Axis Blue Controllor Board And Mach3

dooshare

Registered
Registered
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this site. I am looking all over the web but cannot get any assistance and sure someone had this issue before. I am building a CNC and running into a problem. The CNC run good , I can machine parts from the Mach3 operating system but want to connect my Huanyang HY02D223B to the TB6560 3 axis blue controller board. The controller board has 3 connectors.
upload_2016-6-30_12-6-48.png

As from most Chines purchases the manuals are non-existence or bad .

upload_2016-6-30_12-6-26.png

how do I connect this to the VFD connector panel . And how to set up with Mach3
Huayang HY02D223B VFD 2.2KW water-cooled
upload_2016-6-30_12-16-39.png

upload_2016-6-30_12-9-7.png

My electric skills are not very good but i do understand wire diagrams very well

I am sure new builders will run into the same problems.

Bellow is photos of my CNC Build:

upload_2016-6-30_12-13-33.pngupload_2016-6-30_12-15-45.png

upload_2016-6-30_12-5-54.png

Hi dooshare,

From what little I can find about your board is it does not have pwm for variable speed spindle control of a VFD/ Mach3. You would need to add a spindle control board for that.

I believe the on board relay could be used to switch the VFD/spindle on-off (no speed control). I would have to research that since mine are not setup that way.

Thanks Jay what will be the best-suggested spindle controller to add.

Nice build on the router :encourage: Can't help you out with the board interface.

Hi Jay thanks for the info. Will it work if I have a second 3 axis board and wire the cable pin and step connectors into the second board. After all is the 3 axis not just 3 separate phase on one board.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about electronics to help much in that regard. Using a second board adds the complexity of setting up a second parallel port on your computer. I don't know if that would even work with what you have.

Unless somebody else chimes in with a solution I'm not aware of I think your current board limits you to just turning the spindle on-off. In the long term you are probably better off getting a board the supports spindle speed control if you want to control it from Mach3.

Another option would be to add a potentiometer to the VFD to control the spindle speed manually. I'm pretty sure your VFD supports that but I would have to look at the manual to be sure.

Hi Jay, I came across this PWM controller, you think this can do the trick so it will work on Mach 3

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/PWM-...2510015688.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.45.SYMBFg

Its not a lot of money

Sorry to say that it will not work with your board or VFD. To have Mach3 turn the spindle on/off and set the speed you need a board with at least 4 axis and a compatible speed control board that will output a 0-10v signal to the VFD.

With your current setup I would just add a 10k potentiometer to the VFD to control the speed manually and configure the relay on your board to turn the spindle on/off.

Thanks Jay I will have to look at ordering a other board then. But for the mean time i will have to find out how to put potentiometer and then what speeds or HZ to cut at.
Learn learn learn, what VFD are you using

Back