How reliable is 'Matt' at PM?

I do not know Matt personally, although I have found him to be easy to communicate with. I have had many conversations and email exchanges with Ray C.

I would not be scared. I have seen too many people post too much information about dealing with Matt to believe that he would keep your money and your mill. My suggestion is that, if Matt is out of the country and unavailable, you contact someone else at PM. I don't remember her name, but Matt has an assistant that other folks have had great success in dealing with.

Read the part where I asked Ray if Matt had been away from the office... Matt had been working with a customer on a big lathe but had pretty much been around.
As far as contacting someone else at QMT I sent email to admin@machinetoolonline.com
as well as sales@machinetoolonline.com
Do you know if another email address?

Read the part where I asked Ray if Matt had been away from the office... Matt had been working with a customer on a big lathe but had pretty much been around.
As far as contacting someone else at QMT I sent email to admin@machinetoolonline.com
as well as sales@machinetoolonline.com
Do you know if another email address?
I think the best option is to call them (412-787-2876 ). When I ordered my lathe last year, I called and spoke to Nicole and it was shipped w/in a week.

If only I was a little closer to retirement, it sounds like a great place to work part time. I live 15 miles from PM, talk on the phone and use a computer daily and know just enough about milling machines and lathes to get by. OK, I don't really but two out of three is better than a sharp poke in the eye.

Roy

Matt always did me good. I would say he wears a lot of hats and tends to become over extended like most small companies. I would say he has a delay on his end and is not wanting to be in the kitchen during the fire.

I do not believe you have anything to worry about on the money side... Matt is not going to blow his reputation for 8k. He has a good business and just can't see him doing that.

My two cents.

Please CALL Me. I have been emailing you for the last couple of weeks, and a long time ago back in November or December trying to get a phone number so we could set it up, with no reply. The problem was that I never had your phone number, and we needed that for shipping.

Ray said you had send him a few messages too, and I believe he also said to call me, but haven't heard anything.

Please CALL at 412-787-2876 or email your phone number so I can call you. I will be in all week, I am here now (About 8pm Eastern Time) and will be here all week.

Or my cell number is 412-337-2368 but it doesn't work here in the building, so try that other one first.

Any of those emails above should work fine. Someone is here every day even if I am not.

Matt is WAY too busy, sometimes doesn't return calls or emails, but he will take care of you. Been having trouble with my PM25, and he has been nothing but a stand-up guy. Even with the occasional miscommunications. Parts are on the way. :)

I have found that contacting Ray is a lot easier than getting a hold of Matt and he can sometimes get Matt's ear when I couldn't.

Bill

Matt at Quality Machine Tools was always a good person to talk to and deal with. Never steered me wrong.
<O:p</O:p
When I bought my PM1236 couple of years ago, I did my research, visited few forums, and came to a conclusion, this lathe is right for me.
I will admit, that one thing which turned me off was Quality Machine Tools website. Although there were few complaints, the praise far outweighed those. However judging by the website, I did wonder what kind of outfit was I dealing with.
I remember that once I bit the built and ordered the machine, I told Matt what I thought of the website. The answer was “I am working on it, new website is coming”.
I wasted lot of Matt’s time. Matt, what is a footprint of the PM1236? I am planning the location. Matt what is this, Matt what is that.
Few years later I purchased PM932M-PDF. The website did not look any different. Hey Mat how much clearance do I need for this mill? How much clearance do I need for the table on each side with the power feed?
What I am trying to say is, Mat always had that information, however it seems to me, instead of running ragged answering all the calls in person. If this information was on the website, it would free lot of Matt’s time to focus on more pressing issues.
Operator manuals, Frequently asked questions, particular issues with different machines. Matt would know, if you are asked same question three time, post the answer on the website.
Maybe I am wrong, but that is my observation. After purchasing two machines, I would give him a call for the third one.

Radek

Please CALL Me. I have been emailing you for the last couple of weeks, and a long time ago back in November or December trying to get a phone number so we could set it up, with no reply. The problem was that I never had your phone number, and we needed that for shipping.

Ray said you had send him a few messages too, and I believe he also said to call me, but haven't heard anything.

Please CALL at 412-787-2876 or email your phone number so I can call you. I will be in all week, I am here now (About 8pm Eastern Time) and will be here all week.

Or my cell number is 412-337-2368 but it doesn't work here in the building, so try that other one first.

Any of those emails above should work fine. Someone is here every day even if I am not.

Well there is the problem I suppose. You have been emailing me........ I have recieved nothing
spam blocker shows nothing. I have been emailing you and you don't recieve my emails...

My current customer is at a chemical plant. No cell phones useage allowed... Working long days and evenings. Busy time for me right now...I can sometimes slip off to my truck and text or email but no phone....

i will PM Ray my invoice number and address. He can get the info to your office so you can refund my money.
Thanks for clearing everything up.

If only I was a little closer to retirement, it sounds like a great place to work part time. I live 15 miles from PM, talk on the phone and use a computer daily and know just enough about milling machines and lathes to get by. OK, I don't really but two out of three is better than a sharp poke in the eye.

Roy

Hehehehe..... I think we could harmonize on that one!!!! If only I was a little closer to retirement!
lots of things out there better than a poke in the eye!!!!!

Just got home from another long day at work... I have a few short minutes to post up progress then I gotta get my butt to bed... 4:30 am really sucks... Be glad to get this job finished!

4/24/2014 I sent Ray C a message here on Hobby-Machinist requesting a full refund on sales order #10533. He said he would pass that information on to Matt at Quality Machine Tools the morning of the 25th... Also gave Ray my personal email address in hopes that he and I can communicate via email since me and Matts email communications seem to be blocked.....

Received a message from Ray C 4/25/2014 saying Matt needs a phone number. Not sure why he needs a phone number to make a refund.... But I gave him my phone number.

Looked at the sales order from Quality Machine Tool.... Has my home address and is correct..
Request for refund has been made through Ray C (Quality Machine Tool Sales Representative)

I appreciate everyone's input and assurance but I am still spooked! I will relax when the check clears the bank and will continue to post updates as things proceed.

Thanks to Ray for being the liaison between me and Quality Machine Tools office...
Goodnight...

Back