How I fabricated new tailstock locking-cam parts for my Rivett watchmaker's lathe

cazclocker

Purveyor of cheese.
Registered
I posted a few pictures of my recently-finished project in the POTD (project of the day) thread, but since it was for a watchmaker's lathe I thought I'd share my complete set of edited photos here.

Because there are 30 photos in all here, I decided to upload them to my Photobucket account and share a link to a slideshow. Hope this works. Click on the link...CLICK HERE

doesn't work for me. the album is marked as private.

doesn't work for me. the album is marked as private.

Yes, I caught that - I just went in and marked my album as public. Try again. When you get to the slideshow, look at the lower-right corner...you'll see "Slow Medium Fast". Click on the "slow" setting - easier to read the text.

The link is working fine on my end Doug
Nice job, thanks for sharing :thumbzup:

First off- beautiful work! What machine were you working with, using the Sherline chuck?

Second, nice job on the slide show! Very nice to be able to see your notes on each page.

Bernie

Great job. This is one hobby that allows you to expand or maintain your equipment, with your equipment. Can't say that about very many of them. Nice job on the slideshow too. And the pics will help me with rebuilding mine. I'm still collecting pictures of all watch lathes.

Thanks for posting that!

Nice project . Nice work . Thanks for sharing that !

First off- beautiful work! What machine were you working with, using the Sherline chuck?

Second, nice job on the slide show! Very nice to be able to see your notes on each page.

Bernie

Thanks Bernie. I am using a Rivett watchmaker's lathe. Full pictures of it in my website, which is noted in my signature below. The 4-jaw Sherline chuck is not stock, as it would be too heavy to use on the Rivett. The back third of the casting has been removed and four cavities milled out to make it lighter still. Again, full pictures of the chuck are on the TOOLS section of my website.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys. I guess I was so happy about my first-ever project involving turning steel that I got carried away with the photo gallery.

Back