How does one use a A-B 8400MP?

awaqa909

Registered
Registered
Work has a machine that I believe is a retro fit, with a Allen Bradley 8400MP. It pretty much is just rusting away... There have been times where it could be very useful to run it. Thing is I'm still just a button pusher. I'm looking to learn how to program these machines and even how to actually use one and I think this could be a possible ticket to doing so.

How can I find out how to program on a Allen Bradley 8400MP? I've already tried to google and I wasn't interested in paying $200 for a manual. The monitor is also missing a button cap and has 6 buttons that are just colors with no name. (The no cap button still works I think... Google pics seems to be missing the extra bit below the monitor with the 6 color buttons) I'm looking for more of a free route from the internet.

Thanks,
Awaqa909

Maybe someone at work knows something about it? Optionally, just start playing with it.

Boy! That's old! If its been sitting there with no power on the machine for years, I doubt it's going to fire up without some magic smoke being created. If it does fire up, fantastic! I vaguely remember the old AB 8400 series controllers. Never programmed one, but been around them. That was some of the first "CNC" controllers on the market. Still read tapes. I think this was right before "G" programming came in. Or maybe this was the first controller using "G" programming. Either way, the basic codes are the same. Just don't have to put g000, g001, g002 and so on for each block of data if it newer. Now, I'm getting deep into something I don't know a whole lot about. Ken

Back