How Do I Remove The Lead Screw? Vn12

Primitive_Pete

Registered
Registered
I can get the screw loose by sliding the table to the left but how to I get the leadscrew out of the pillow block on the left side of the table? The screw turns freely so i know I'm not connected anywhere else. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I think, you need to remove the hand wheel and dial, then the piece that the hand wheel engages into has fit on it, then the screw will come out. I can't remember if I flashed it, or just hammered it off. There is probably a woodruff key in there too. Its been a year since I had mine apart, but I think this is correct. Can you post a picture?

Jason

Jason,
I got it apart but the drawing in the manual is useless. It has 3 threaded collars!!! after you remove the dial and the handwheel there it a dog that slides off of the shaft, a threaded collar and then spacer and then another threaded collar and then a threaded retaining ring holding the bearing in. I felt like Howard Carter opening Tut's tomb fer crissakes. But I got the leadscrew straightened and brazed up the shoulder on the gib so the adjuster works properly. Now to fix the DRO cable I broke "repairing" the leadscrew lol

I couldn't get mine off so I cleaned it while it was on.

Back