How did you get your user name and what does it mean.

Mine was given to me, based on my last name, by a friend in the first dormitory I inhabited at U of Chicago in 1965. I've used it as a user name any number of times over the years. Nice and short, and not too common.

- hman
(John Herrmann)

My first dog's name. If anything happens on the internet the dog did it!

I grew up outdoors and loved primative skills. Everyone knew me for it.

Pitch was used for everything, it was the precursor to duct tape. It burns great and that's what torches used to burn for a long time.

Or I guess I could say I'm a great baseball pitcher, but mediocre is more honest.

my user name is pretty simple, my first name, Kelvin shortened to Kel and then my sons middle and last initial TG which we shared the same middle and last names Trent Giesbrecht, since he pasted away in May of 2011 i have used this user name keltg, sometimes i put a 20 after the letters which was his age, well 41 days short of 20.

I wanted something short and easy to remember so HSS for high speed steel.

Pat

Have always loved the mountains. So about 11 yrs ago, moved to the NC mountains and use the screen name mtnlvr.

Back in the early '70s, I got into CB radio. My first handle wasn't really working for me. One night, the club was having a bowling night. I guess my glasses weren't really working for me either, so Hawkeye seemed an appropriate handle. Been using it for a lot of things even before the internet came along.

My avatar is something I drew up and had printed on QSL cards.

Mine is pretty basic, first name Larry, last Larson. Fun to read all this, thanks to all. Pitchfire: I've a good memory and story about setting a really small pitch stump on fire one evening when dad and I were elk hunting with a friend. It was used to warm us and let him know where we were; his week to drive.

Metalshaper,

build black powder rifles and such..( mainly by hand when I started ) I have also done a bit of Blacksmithing as well..

Once while sitting around a rendezvous campfire, they were discussing how I made lots of the parts by hack sawing and filing them.
The comment was made "He's quite the metal shaper, isnt he??!!!" My camp name changed from Dagwood ( last name is Bumstead ) to Metalshaper

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan

Back