How did you get your user name and what does it mean.

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
Mine is easy, It is my first name and Initial from my last name. As for how I got it, my Mom and Dad gave it to me. Thanks Mom and Dad. ------ "Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine, Analias, is an alias :)

It was the name I called my first online fantasy role playing character. The full name being, Analias Nomdeguerre. Yes, I'm a geek. Although that may mean different things to different folks on this forum depending on their age.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

My favorite supercar when I was a kid, and still, is the McLaren F1 so I picked that up when I was about 8, and my name is Ross so I just put them together.

I worked on (you guessed it!) Fiero's out of my house as a full time job for 5 years.

I quite often wore a lab coat (vs coveralls), and had a stethoscope hung around my neck for listening to engine noises. Then after I brought a bunch of cars back from the dead (pulled out of wrecking yards and turned back into daily drivers), a couple of our club members started calling me the doctor. Hence... Doctor Fiero. Dr.Fiero.

Mine is my initials plus my favorite car, the 67 Mustang GT. I always wanted one. My friend had one with the 390 and 4 speed and boy it ran.

Almost 20 years ago I signed up for my first online e-mail account. After trying a few attempts to use unoriginal variations of my name and discovering that they were already taken, I got frustrated and chose the most obscure name that I could think of as my alias.

The Song of Roland is an ancient poem about the the knight Roland and his defense of Charlemagne's rear army as the army pulled out of Spain. A fellow knight was named Oliver, and Oliver's sword was named Halteclere.

"[Says Roland] Battle we'll have, both long and keenly set, Never has man beheld such armies met. With Durendal my sword I'll strike again, And, comrade [Oliver], you shall strike with Halteclere. These swords in lands so many have we held, Battles with them so many brought to end, No evil song shall e'er be sung or said."

Restoring a 69 Mach 1 Mustang. Its not pretty but it sure is fast...

Back