How big is your tool?

12bolts

Global Moderator
Registered
Being as how blokes always like to brag about having the biggest tool for the job, and I was trained on stuff that generally didn't need to have the large tools required for assembly and adjustment so I probably wont win any contests there....I'll start by posting up a couple of my smaller tools.

IMG_9839.jpg
10BA spanner, 0.115" between the jaws.

IMG_9838.jpg
Jewellers screwdriver, blade is 0.020" wide and 0.010" thick.

IMG_9836.jpg
Allen Key, 0.028" across the flats.

Come on lets see what others have got...

Cheers Phil

IMG_9839.jpg IMG_9836.jpg IMG_9838.jpg

Mine is a home made Offset bench Vice I made from scrap, with 200mm jaws that can open up to 32cm wide and weighs about 70Kg. Did I need one that big, nope, this one was the second and larger one I made but as I said it was made from scrap steel that was lying around and it has come in handy on a number of times.

There are bigger vices out there and no I won't be building a bigger one, nor do I have Vice envy but I sure do like to get a good grip.!! This one will do me. :biggrin:

12. Finished Vice No.2 70Kg.jpg

Mine is a home made Offset bench Vice I made from scrap, with 200mm jaws that can open up to 32cm wide and weighs about 70Kg. Did I need one that big, nope, this one was the second and larger one I made but as I said it was made from scrap steel that was lying around and it has come in handy on a number of times.

There are bigger vices out there and no I won't be building a bigger one, nor do I have Vice envy but I sure do like to get a good grip.!! This one will do me. :biggrin:

Ok that vice is just cool. Great job making it.

Jeff

Edvice!

All it needs now is a label across the front that says "EDVICE" in fancy script. That is a really neat job, and you should be proud of it! I have a welded steel vise (I kept breaking cast ones) that I bought in the seventies for £24-00 ($38-00) It has been used and abused, and is still as good as the day I bouight it, so I tried to buy another! the price is now £124-00
($197.00).
Phil UK

Back