hopkins allen 25-20

normks

Active User
Registered
well after chambering and making it shoot the barrel flexed the pin so bad in the thread in the front of the gun that the the head space would change wich each firing after 6 rounds it had opend up about .007 and i figured it woudnt stop so i went a head made a barrel stub pinned it in the gun some pics of uncompleted imagejpeg_2 (2).jpgimagejpeg_3.jpgimagejpeg_4 (2).jpgimagejpeg_2 (4).jpg

imagejpeg_2 (2).jpg imagejpeg_3.jpg imagejpeg_4 (2).jpg imagejpeg_2 (4).jpg

did make it to the range tonight fired the gun with no ill effects head space was unchanged cant wait for the stock to come back

Did you make this or refurbish it. Nice rifle. Did you fix the head spacing problem?

Those sides sticking out of that receiver does vaguely have the Sharps appearance. Possibly a guy could toss the original hammer and trigger group ,mill away a bit of the frame , install a sidelock and modify the breechblock to build a rifle that most folks would swear it was a Sharps rifle..Be sweet in .25-20 .

well after long wait stock back from dupicater gona be a good peice of wood

hpokins allen stock 2.jpg

hpokins allen stock 2.jpg

What a hunk of wood! I think that is not good enough for you, just send it to me and I will widdle a toothpick out of it!:lmao:
Pierre

been bussy and making some progress stock is done has a steel but plate ebony inlay on the sling mount and checkered up looking great

hopstock.jpghopstock1.jpghopstock2.jpghopstock3.jpghopstock4.jpg

hopstock.jpg hopstock1.jpg hopstock2.jpg hopstock3.jpg hopstock4.jpg

hopkinsforend2.pnghopkinsforend3.png well for end is done looks great wood is as good as the stock my friend is a super wood worker he made it look nice as could be

hopkinforend.png hopkinsforend2.png hopkinsforend3.png

That is one beautiful piece of wood! Finished off with perfect checkering and ebony. Can't wait to see the rifle assembled.
Michael

Back