Hoping to acquire a Rivett 715 bench lathe soon!

cazclocker

Purveyor of cheese.
Registered
A good friend of mine has decided to sell me his Rivett 715 bench lathe! I couldn't be happier about the prospect of the addition to my workshop. It only has a 7" swing, and 15" between centers, but it's a great precision lathe in excellent shape. Included will be the bed, the HS with plain drawbar, the TS, the slide rest, the slide rest milling attachment with six notch plates, the steady rest, the plain tee rest, a center in a solid 4C collet for the HS, a couple of #1 MT centers for the TS, a couple of chucks, a faceplate, and a few 4C collets in useful sizes.

I'll have to supply my own bench and motor. This is going to take a while to get up and running, but should be fun. I'll post pictures when appropriate - it will arrive in pieces since I'm having it shipped from Oregon.

...Doug

I just realized I posted this in April of this year. I had it all set up to purchase a Rivett 715 lathe, when the seller (a friend of mine and fellow Rivett fanatic) called my attention to the Model No. 4 which had been rebuilt by Rivett in 1935. So my friend Tom actually killed his own deal with me (knowing he could sell it to someone else) because he thought I'd be happier with a rebuilt Model No. 4! Anyway, I thought I'd post this "update".
...Doug in Arizona

Back