HomeShopTech

Frank Ford

Active User
Registered
By all means, do drop by my personal home machining site, HomeShopTech

As I work and learn, I like to chronicle my adventures both to share with others and to help me remember what I've been learning and doing.

Please notice the link on the opening page to SHOP TIPS, a collection of around 450 little photo illustrated home and shop tricks and ideas.

Good stuff at your site, Frank. I have already spent quite a bit of time reading your shop tips. Everyone should have a look.

Very nice site. I, of course, had to go look at your home site since it mentioned frets! Musician for 43 of my 57 years. And yes, I've done a repair or two(or a thousand). dropped refinish because all musicians(yeah, me too) are a pain in the arse and NEVER have any money. Work on tube amps when I have time or the guy HAS any money. Mostly still playing and retired from the day gig. I can appreciate the machine expertise from the music side as well as the mechanical side since I was in the auto repair biz for the last 35 'til the owners peed away the company. Good site. Bookmarked for future use. Mike.

Frank,
What a great contribution to machining in general. Thank you for posting and making this info available to us. If the other member have not visited, they are missing an opportunity to see some really great stuff. I would recomend every member take the time to at least have a look around and browse a bit. Thank you for furthering our hobby and providing this info.
Bob

Home Shop Tech

GREAT site Frank!!! I just looked at it and find it very appropriate for what I do.
As a millwright of 41 years, when we needed to do something for which there was no tool or part we invented one. I know very little about machining but since I was given an EMCO Compact 8 hobby lathe I figured I may as well learn how to use it. It looks like I can learn a lot from your web site as well as, OF COURSE, Hobby-Machinist. So far I have nothing but good to say about the help I have been given at HM.
I hope my retirement will get better, even if poorer, doing hobby machining. Keep up the good work.

Back