• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

HomemadeTools.net

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

ScrapMetal

Active User
Looks real interesting. I bookmarked it to look it over in more detail tonight.

Thanks much,

-Ron

Hawkeye

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Thanks, Tom. Bookmarked it as well. The scissor clamps caught my attention right off.

Tony Wells

Former Vice President
Staff member
Administrator
If you look at their list of "builders" Frank Ford is the first on the list.

Nels

Founder/Mechanic
Staff member
Hi HMT, and welcome.

Would any of your people be interested in making a video or videos of their projects?
If so, we will sponsor them for the promotional courtesy at the beginning and end of the video, and post them on youtube.
How does that sound?

Billh50

Active User
I've been going to that sight for a few years now. Got some nice ideas from there. Some look real nice but usually only pics. A few times I wished they had prints available.

homemadetools

Iron
Registered Member
Hi Nels - we actually have no official homemadetools.net videos; members make videos and then embed them on our forum. Interestingly, we already do have a good bit of member overlap and cross-promotion. For example, here's a recent post on our forum from a common member. And we have 306 homemade tools indexed from hobby-machinist.com. All of the indexed tools link directly to posts on this forum (with good direct-to-post links, like this), and each one is of course fully credited to its builder. So hopefully you guys already notice a steady stream of incoming traffic from our site.

Nels

Founder/Mechanic
Staff member
Yes, I already noticed that. I was thinking if your people create some videos on Youtube, we would sponsor them, which simply means, we would pay them a small stipend, and our name would be shown. Details to be worked out.

homemadetools

Iron
Registered Member
That's an interesting strategy. Since we're essentially just featuring others' videos, I would say you might try asking them directly, perhaps via private message on YouTube. The upside is that whenever they embedded their video on a forum, your site would be mentioned. I know Banggood is doing something like this.

Nels

Founder/Mechanic
Staff member
It's intended to further the educational mission of our site by helping to promote educational videos.
An additional plus for those who produce the videos is that they will be placed prominently in the video library when it returns. Those videos are run from links to YouTube, which results in the producer receiving royalties every time they are run.
We are not interested in the income, and will share the videos with every site, as is the case with all the information we have.

This will be a standing offer to anyone who produces educational machine-oriented videos.

5 7