Home Made Tool And Cutter Grinder

coffmajt

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Just finished this stage of the project and some test sharpening on some dull end mills with good results. The plans came from an Australian web site and I have about 150 shop hours and $400 in materials invested but I have also learned a lot in the process. Next phase is building attachments to sharpen drill bits, lathe tool bits, and saw blades of various size. Attached are a few pictures of the tool holder with end mill in place.
IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0131.JPG IMG_0132.JPG

That is a thing of beauty! ....and could I ever use one too.

Another project for the list.

Thanks for sharing!

-brino

Just finished this stage of the project and some test sharpening on some dull end mills with good results.

Hey coffmajt,
Does your tool-holding spindle use a collet system? If so what size?
Could you share a link to the site with plans?
Thanks,
-brino

That looks nice, Another project to build down the road.

Funny I just picked up the grinder in the picture, now my minds going in several directions , this will be a quandary . I like the fact it uses r8 collets , I've wanted an endmill sharpener. Think I talked myself into it thanks the plans will help.

I know that this is a rather old post, but what is the verdict on this setup. I would like to have a tool grinder and I think building this would be great at increasing my understanding how this works. Are the plans worth the $50?

Edit....Looks like there are downloadable plans readily available for the "Bonelle" tool grinder. Just downloaded some that were produced by "J. Willis". Ahh, another item on my project list.

Last edited:
Back