Home made power scraper

Making a tool to do a job is why we are here.i like it.few things feel as good as using a tool you made.

I was just thinking that the little M12 sawzall that is battery powered would be a good candidate for this modification. It's smaller and light weight. Not sure on the battery idea though. Now sure how long it would run. But this has merit and is worth playing with. Pawn shops are full of old saws that are missing the front guide that can be had for next to nothing because they are missing parts

when i used to scrape with the biax i used to spot finish using different patterns that i created myself. That is after the scraping is done for looks and oil pockets.

Holescreek
Looking at the picture of the head stock removed from the bed with original scraping, it look so large until I say the size of the lathe. That is a beautiful job and I am sure that man had done it for years. It looks very nice, one day if my hands do not fall off I can get around to that. Thanks for sharing
Nelson

most people that scrape use a spotting pattern of there own to finish the scraping job, this guy was a real artist

That was some pretty work. I think the pattern is called Butterfly Frosting.
Usually just a decorative pattern that was too shallow to hold oil.
If it was deep enough to hold oil it would be flaking.
There's a mention of it in the Connelly book and other information can be found online.

Back