• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to locate the thread size for a ER 20 collet nut. So far nothing. Does anyone know what it is or can you lead me to a source of this info? I would like the SAE size but metric will work. The spindle taper will be ER 20 for this project.

"Billy G"

Bill if you go to this link it give a lot of specs but go to home you will find a lot useful information.
http://www.tools-n-gizmos.com/specs.html
Todd

Last edited:
Bill the air spindle on our cutter grinder could be indexed or turn to regrind the flutes as well as the end. This was used a lot most of the mills we used did a lot of side cutting in P20 tool steel for injection molds.
Looks great you do some nice work!

Todd

Billy--if the terminal strip were rotated 90* it would leave more space for the caps.

Thank you Andy, can do. That's what the board is for, it is 6X6. That is how big the box will be. It will also be a sealed box to keep the coolant out.

Todd, mine will also have an index feature for that reason. An Air Spindle will be out of the average persons reach. This is why I am sticking to the original plan.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
OK -- Why didn't one of you tell me that was a ham-fisted job on the Capacitor Mount? My wife did, and she was right. (AGAIN) Here is the new mount with the old one to its right. I feel much better about it now.

"Billy G"

102_0377 (800 x 531).jpg

Forgive me as I am extremely cautious when it comes to electricity. It isn't much but it's a start. I need to make my own box and this is the back plate. I will cut things shorter when I am sure I have it right.

"Billy G" :bitingnails:

102_0378 (800 x 531).jpg

Forgive me as I am extremely cautious when it comes to electricity. It isn't much but it's a start. I need to make my own box and this is the back plate. I will cut things shorter when I am sure I have it right.

"Billy G" :bitingnails:

No need to shorten the leads. Better too long than too short. The electrons don't care. Better not to put stress on the terminals, and besides you might want to rearrange things or re-use the caps someday.

No need to shorten the leads. Better too long than too short. The electrons don't care. Better not to put stress on the terminals, and besides you might want to rearrange things or re-use the caps someday.
I agree. :))

First I like what your doing for a cutter grinder I'll probably start one myself. I've used the variac as we called them before and they work well ever with dc charger for electrolysis now I bought a dc power supply for that and for anodizing. I'm finding myself using more dc motors due to fact of speed control, torque, and options from the controller like a tach so I can monitor the speed. I put a VFD on my Delta 14" band saw with a 1 hp 3 ph motor and it works super for resawing.

Todd

I just have to add the line and the switch and it will be test time. I am still a bit apprehensive as this is the first time I have wired anything. An accident when I was 16 years old found me in a comma for four days. Not fun. The switch is just sitting there, I haven't positioned it yet. Tomorrow is another day.

"Billy G"

102_0379 (800 x 531).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back