holy crap!

You old timers are often an inspiration. My wife and I have been married almost 5 years. My god she drives me nuts more often than not... but she's alright. The kids alright too. He's only 10 months tho, so he's not a terror yet.
The wifey doesn't understand hobbies. She thinks they're a waste of money... she likes to sit and read. And the library is free. If she knew half the money I spend on this hobby, I'd be a dead man!

The wife supports my hobby, it's my Shyster, I mean Sister in Law that thinks like your wife.

"Billy G"

You old timers are often an inspiration. My wife and I have been married almost 5 years. My god she drives me nuts more often than not... but she's alright. The kids alright too. He's only 10 months tho, so he's not a terror yet.
The wifey doesn't understand hobbies. She thinks they're a waste of money... she likes to sit and read. And the library is free. If she knew half the money I spend on this hobby, I'd be a dead man!

Actually she does understand hobbies, hers' is reading. She is just unwilling to understand that you chose one that requires spending money.

Older, Yeah. we started in Sept, 1960, going on 57 years ago. I make sure her projects are done before I hit the shop, today I made Lemon Pudding, tomorrow it will be Gingerbread. Have a funeral to go to this afternoon, a youngster, 70, the Big C got her. She suffered only a week.

One of my wife's hobbies was sewing and she was good at it. Every so often I would talk about a project and she seemed impressed that metal could be cut down to 0.001". Probably more to make me feel good after 55 years, lost her 4 years ago, she was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Great memories never fade,thanks for sharing one of yours Rock. My wife and I have been together for 41 years,losing her is is my biggest fear.

I hear that...

About a decade ago, my boss where I worked at the time, woke up one morning to find his wife had passed in her sleep. They were mid 40's probably. Never got the story, whether drugs, or bad heart, or just fluke. This boss was a mentor to me, as I was in my 20's and still learning about the world. It struck me. It effected me a lot. I knew this woman too.
For about 5-6 years after that I would wake in the middle of the night, usually about 3am, and make sure my girlfriend of (5 years (previous)) was still breathing. It would be almost every night. That's how badly it effected me, scared me to death. Now, down the road, I still find myself waking up in the middle of the night and checking my wife. Her health isn't the greatest (two different autoimmune diseases, a disease that effects her internal lady parts (our son wasn't supposed to be able to happen), chronic migraines (you can't tell the difference between a bad migraine and a stroke, btw)) so now, even tho I do it less, there's more risk. Time healed that wound somewhat i suppose.... I don't know what I'd do....

This post became somber...

:dancing banana:
Peanut butter jelly time!

Back